These Terms provide that all disputes between you and The Inside will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract, except for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury, and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review the “Dispute Resolution and Arbitration” section below for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with The Inside.
1. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Services; and (c) your registration and your use of the Services is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you are using the Services on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization. You may not use the Services if you are the subject of U.S. sanctions or of sanctions consistent with U.S. law imposed by the governments of the country where you are using the Services. You must comply with all U.S. or other export and re-export restrictions that may apply to goods, software, technology, and services related to the Furniture or the Services.,
2. Accounts and Registration. To access some features of the Services, you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your e-mail address or other contact information. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Order Processing and Fulfillment.
3.1 Risk of Loss. All purchases of Furniture from The Inside are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for Furniture pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier of the applicable Furniture piece.
3.2 Shipping, Returns, Refund, and Title. You are responsible for payment of all shipping charges, both for initial purchase of any Furniture, as well as shipping charges for returns. The Inside does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center. For more information about our returns and refunds, please see our FAQs page.
3.3 Product Descriptions. The Inside attempts to be as accurate as possible when describing its Furniture. However, The Inside does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of the Services is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If any Furniture offered by The Inside is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
4. User Content
4.1 User Content Generally. Certain features of the Services may permit users to upload content to the Services, including messages, reviews, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (“User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Services. You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Services.
4.2 Limited License Grant to The Inside. By posting or publishing User Content, you grant The Inside a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). The Inside’s use of your User Content may be without any compensation paid to you.
4.3 User Content Representations and Warranties. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing User Content. By posting or publishing User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
a. you are the creator and owner of, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, to use and to authorize The Inside to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 4 and in the manner contemplated by The Inside, the Services, and these Terms; and
b. your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause The Inside to violate any law or regulation.
4.4 User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. The Inside may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Services you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against The Inside with respect to User Content. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to these Terms, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, The Inside does not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Services.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
5.1 DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have an intellectual property rights-related complaint about material posted on the Services, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
Custom Furniture Technologies, Inc. d/b/a The Inside
86 Walker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10013
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Services infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
b. a description of the copyright-protected work or other intellectual property right that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Services;
d. your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of those materials on the Services is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
5.2 Repeat Infringers. The Inside will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of users that are determined by The Inside to be “repeat infringers." A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity or has had User Content removed from the Services at least twice.
6. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICES YOU AGREE NOT TO:
6.1 use the Services for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
6.2 violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
6.3 post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
6.4 interfere with security-related features of the Services, including by: (a) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (b) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Services except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
6.5 interfere with the operation of the Services or any user’s enjoyment of the Services, including by: (a) uploading or otherwise any disseminating virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (b) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Services; (c) attempting to collect, personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (d) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Services, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any network, equipment, or server;
6.6 perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth;
6.7 sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 11) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Material; or
6.8 attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 6, or assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the acts described in this Section 6.
7. Third-Party Services and Linked Websites. The Inside may provide tools through the Services that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services, including through features that allow you to link your account on The Inside with an account on the third party service, such as Instagram or Facebook, or through our implementation of third party buttons (such as “like” or “share” buttons). By using one of these tools, you agree that we may transfer that information to the applicable third-party service. Third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third party service’s use of your exported information. The Services may also contain links to third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content.
8. Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission from us to use the Services will terminate automatically. In addition, The Inside may in its sole discretion terminate your user account on the Services or suspend or terminate your access to your user account at any time, with or without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Services at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Services) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Services or any suspension or termination of your access to your user account. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
9.2 Additional Terms. Your use of the Services is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Services or certain features of the Services that we may post on or link to from the Services (the "Additional Terms"), such as end-user license agreements for any downloadable software applications, or rules that applicable to a particular feature or content on the Services, subject to Section 10 below. All Additional Terms are incorporated by reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
10. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, you will be required to accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Services. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
11. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Services are owned and operated by The Inside. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Services (“Materials”) provided by The Inside are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials contained in the Services are the property of The Inside or our third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by The Inside, you may not make use of the Materials. The Inside reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
12. Indemnity. You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Services, and you agree to defend and indemnify The Inside and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the "The Inside Entities") from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of, the Services; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICES AND ALL FURNITURE, MATERIALS, AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE INSIDE ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICES, FURNITURE, AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE INSIDE ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES, OR THE FURNITURE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICES OR ANY FURNITURE, MATERIALS, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE Inside ENTITIES OR THE SERVICES THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICES USER, THE FURNITURE, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICES, USE THE FURNITURE, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICES AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, USE OF THE FURNITURE, OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
14. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE INSIDE ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICES, THE FURNITURE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY THE INSIDE ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE INSIDE ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES, FURNITURE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE INSIDE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIM; OR (B) $100.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 14 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
15. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of law principles. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, you and The Inside agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Manhattan County, New York for the purpose of litigating any dispute. We operate the Services from our offices in New York, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
17. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
17.1 Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and The Inside in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and The Inside agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND THE INSIDE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
17.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 17.1, we both agree that nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either of us to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
17.3 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and The Inside will be governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting The Inside.
17.4 Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other, by certified mail or Federal Express (signature required), or if we do not have a physical address on file for you, by electronic mail ("Notice"). The Inside's address for Notice is: 86 Walker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10013. The Notice must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). We agree to use good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if we do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or The Inside may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or The Inside must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If our dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, The Inside will pay you the highest of the following: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (ii) the last written settlement amount offered by The Inside in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (iii) $1,000.
17.5 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, The Inside will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Manhattan Country, NY, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse The Inside for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
17.6 No Class Actions. YOU AND THE INSIDE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and The Inside agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
17.7 Modifications. If The Inside makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to The Inside's address for Notice), you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to The Inside's address for Notice, in which case your account with The Inside will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject will survive.
17.8 Enforceability. If Section 17.6 is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 17 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 15 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
18. Consent to Electronic Communications. When you use the Services, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this site or otherwise through the Services and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
19. Contact Information. The Services are offered by Custom Furniture Technologies, Inc. d/b/a The Inside, located at 86 Walker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10013. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a California resident, you may have these Terms mailed to you electronically by sending a letter to the address above with your electronic mail address and a request for these Terms.
Last Updated: September 26, 2017
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Custom Furniture Technologies, Inc. d/b/a The Inside (“The Inside”, “we,” or “us”).
This Policy describes the information that we gather from you in connection with the Services, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Services, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
The information we collect on the Services:
● User-provided Personal Data. When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called personally identifiable information, or personal information, which is information that specifically identifies an individual. For the purposes of this Policy, we refer to such information as “Personal Information.” Examples of Personal Information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Information in various ways on the Services. For example, you provide us with Personal Information when you register for an account, use the Services, make a purchase on the Services, or send us customer service-related requests.
● Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with your Personal Information.
● Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Services that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Services. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and The Inside does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
● Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Services, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through the Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
How we use the information we collect. We use information we collect via the Services in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business, including the following:
● We use the information that we collect via the Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time via the Services.
● We use the information that we collect via the Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
● We may use your email address or other information we collect via the Services (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
When we disclose information. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Services to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
● Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Services, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
● We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
● We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-Personal Information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
● We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
● We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
● Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Services.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
The Services may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Services from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Data that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Services are hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
Transfer of Data Outside the U.S.
We may transmit or share your data with third parties that may be located in other countries, in order to provide the Services to you, including but not limited to transaction processing and fraud prevention, storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transmission, sharing, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Services for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom Furniture Technologies, Inc. d/b/a The Inside
86 Walker Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10013